Issue Seven was published May 30, 2018.
Submissions are currently closed. Stay tuned for updates regarding how to submit your work.
Embodied Effigies is a literary magazine in the works. We emphasize the community of Creative Nonfiction Writers, and the bonds that hold us together as we explore our pasts, presents, and futures.
- The inaugural collection was released April 27, 2012, at Bracken Library of Ball State University.
- Issue Two was released January 4, 2013, and features work from a much broader spectrum: all over the United States as well as some further reaches (like Santiago, Chile, for example).
- Issue Three was released September 11, 2013, and continues to expand across oceans and hemispheres (Hello, Hong Kong!).
- Issue 3point5, an author-centric collection of Featured Writing, was released May 27, 2014.
- Issue Four was published September 23, 2014.
- Issue Five was published in print on June 8, 2015, and made digital online September 5, 2015.
- Issue Six was published November 27, 2016.
- Issue Seven was published May 30, 2018.
Our online editions are available at Issuu.
If you have any questions, comments, or know of someone whose creative nonfiction writing you’d like to see featured in Embodied Effigies or on our website, please let us know by visiting our Contact Page.